The Better To Know You With
I took this one from a friend. Usually I have little regard for this type of personal trivia, but for some reason this one caught my attention. I think the first question is especially rare: it borders on one of the party games I've played before. "Party game" is not the right term; it was a very intellectual activity, one only the closest friends would enjoy. So here goes.
Ten Anonymous Things You Want To Say To Ten Different People
- I wish you would open your mind about certain things. Being right is not about insistence, but about the ability to explain why.
- I don't think having the second best is better than not having at all. Hopefully you'll find what you really want one day.
- I am glad for all the adventures we've had, although I have to say that having known you for quite a while I still don't completely understand you.
- I think (and fervently hope) that respect each other more than we admit. Someday we'll both live happily, I know it.
- Somehow we've gotten closer when we've been further apart.
- Your childish innocence and naivety makes me happy. I hope my craziness has brought you the same joy.
- I've always thought that something was holding us back from something wonderful. But now it's a little too late.
- You were an awesome partner to work with, and I know you will do well in the future, even though I don't know you well.
- You are a great friend to have stuck with me all this time. We'll have more time together yet.
- You'll be fine... You'll be fine.
Nine Things About Yourself
- I'm just shy, not antisocial (you can talk to me!)
- I do strange sports like rock climbing, horse riding, and broomball
- I am a nerd, although I try hard to be a renaissance nerd.
- I (think I) write quite a bit more than a normal computer science student
- I really want to become a college professor to teach and do research, but I'm still not entirely sure if it's right for me
- I alternate between piano solos and progressive metal
- I'm cool enough to write my own calendar and not use Google/Yahoo/Outlook. I'm thinking of ditching my Moleskine for a Hipster PDA
- I'm a gothic optimistist - I find melancholy beautiful, while believing life is hopeful
- I'm a weak atheist
Eight Ways To Win Your Heart
- Shine - don't just smile and appear happy, be happy
- Be unafraid of difficult and/or impossible things
- Try difficult and/or impossible things
- Surprise me
- Appreciate the small things in life
- Be quirky
- Be excited about stuff
- Defeat all the other contestants
Seven Things That Cross Your Mind A Lot
- (Non)-religion debates
- Stuff dealing with the human psyche
- Various melodies
- Thoughts, ideas, musings, and ponderings
- Things that I can be (and hopefully will be) in the future
- Electrical impulses
Six Things You Wish You Never Did
- Been so indifferent
- Cared so much
- Spent so much time thinking of regrets when I don't really have any.
Five Turn Offs
- Excessive vanity
Four Turn Ons
- Humor, and sarcasm to a (very slightly) smaller extent
- Blue hair, blonde eyes, etc.
Three Smileys That Describe Your Life
- ___ (o,o)/) )-"-"-
Two Things You Want To Do Before You Die
- Solve an important question in an academic field...
- ... and have my own Wikipedia article about it (written by someone else)
- Yes, I copied you. I thought it was cool, and I never had the courage to thank you, so here I am.